Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Attitudes for study

1. A commitment could be regarded as one of the most important keys contributing to success. From my experience, a commitment helped me succeed in a thesis research on parasite migration in mice. It is not easy to conduct research in this field, I pledged a large amount of time to review considerable literatures, draft initial methods, perform scientific experiments, analyze experimental data, and give some reasonable and reliable conclusions. My experiments felt many times throughout that period but I still sustained my effort to go on my research because I realized that my research would contribute many advantages to the field of tropical diseases especially in the aspect of prevention and therapy. Importantly, my research result would benefit Thai people’s health as a whole. This was my inspiration to conduct my thesis research; therefore, it would not be wrong to say that my commitment is a crucial factor facilitating my research success.


2.It is undeniable that ongoing commitment and persistence are important behaviors facilitating success. However, it is not an easy task to create these attitudes. As for me, there are some strategies to build my attitude of commitment and persistence to succeed in a difficult situation. To start with, when I was in a difficult situation, I tried to figure out some benefits of that event. This strategy provided me an inspiration to perform difficult tasks. For instance, when I conducted my thesis research, my scientific experiments felt again and again and I almost gave up. However, I realized that my research would benefit Thai public health as a whole; therefore, I had an inspiration to continue my thesis. Moreover, I tried to utilize my time effectively. Too many duties sometimes made me very tired and had no mood to do anything at all; therefore, it was very important to build some attitudes immediately to go on all of hard duties. Likewise, my works might not be finished. So, when I confronted with such situation, I tried to manage my time effectively. I would perform all duties from the most significant one to the least and not forget to spend some time to rest. This helped me pass many trouble situations. Therefore, optimistic thinking and effectively time management facilitate my success in difficult situations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home