Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Vocabulary Acquisition

One of the largest problems for most of Thai students in learning English is how to remember vocabulary. Although it’s very difficult to remember all of those, I’ve spent all of my attempts to find the way to remember a large number of words. To deal with the issue, I’ve found several effective methods. To start with, it’s very effective way to acquire new words that I’ve never known from reading newspapers such as the Washington Post and, most often, the Express. Also, reading other types of books helps me much. I’ve got a great amount of vocabulary from various kinds of books, especially novels and textbooks and after that, I always look up their meanings from dictionaries, especially online dictionary. What’s more, speaking out or thinking of words in my real-life usages and try to use their different meanings in different situations are very effective methods as well. These methods always help me remember my new words and their various meanings for a long time. Furthermore, I usually try to vary my known vocabularies by using prefixes or suffixes and transforming words into other forms such as noun forms, adjective forms, and so on. As the methods mentioned above, I can remember a large number of words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home